can't think of a good title for this... its just one of those spur of the moment,.

Posted by eye_spy | Posted in | Posted on 3:02 PM

There are times when you just feel like giving up and just throwing everything to the wind. Stop caring and just live like a driftwood floating in the ocean not knowing where the waves will take you. I feel like doing that lately, what with all the things I've been through. I just feel like curling into a ball and just sleep for a very long time, hoping that by the time I open my eyes everything will be just fine and I'll wake up from this bad dream.

But no! This is no dream. Life's a bitch and it's either you play the ball game or just sit on the bench while you watch everyone have fun. While I was moping around, licking my wound and trying to detach myself from this cruel world (read: feeling sorry for my own crap), The Big Boss above routed my attention to CNN and made me read this news about this quadriplegic.

He's this guy from Australia who wanted to end his misery and just go back to where he came from -- to ashes, to dust. Euthanasia is never an option but the high court of the country ruled out that the man has the right to refuse food and water and is allowed to die through starvation. He is paralyzed but he still has the capacity to communicate his wishes saying: "I can't move. I can't even wipe the tears from my eyes. And I'd like to die. I'm imprisoned in my own body. I have no fear of death. Just pain."

Sad really and quite a shock to all family and right-to-life advocates but the most depressing part is his losing the will to live. Well it may be true that at times I feel like giving up and I plan on ending my life in any imaginable ways but at the end of the day, I always chicken out. And I'm thankful for that. For being yellow. For being coward. For not taking my own life.

That was an eye opener and I thank thee Lord for pounding some sense into my head.

While I'm busy tapping on the keyboard and putting into writing my blathers and blahs in life, my seatmate keeps on bumping my chair. After reading this article, I don't know... I just feel like giving her a bear hug instead of being annoyed and strangling her to death.

Life... para kang buhay!

Comments (3)

So glad to see you are writing again...Where have you been?

When I think of all the crappy things happening in my life, I just smile and say,"Be thankful you have something new to blog about".

Keep shining.

The Demigoddess

i feel that too way too often..there were times that i just wanted to drop dead so to avoid another life fucking misery..but at the end of the day id always chicken out..
coz i know deep inside i cant do it..there are so many things to live for..if not for others then live for yourself..

@the demigoddess.
im just around the block, sleuthing your blog. ha! thats an interesting idea to let others canibalize our lives.

@eeeyakhee.
you know what, its the other way around for me. i always ran out of reasons to keep breathing sometimes and if i'm tired of finding reasons for my selfish self, i think of others who wouldn't be complete without me. echos! so there, the show must go on. lol