my own version of farmtown

Posted by eye_spy | Posted in , , , | Posted on 10:05 PM

There's a joke here in Cebu that goes: "If you want to feel like a celebrity, all you need to do is just go to Larsian." I say, if I want to feel like a Star all I need to do is go home and I'll be treated like a royalty. I was home a week ago and I am loving every minute of it mainly because all eyes were on me and being the attention whore that I am, it felt like I was in heaven.

Other than the fact that I don't have to slave myself with work, all I did there is visit friends, spend time with family, eat, sleep, eat again and sleep some more. We then went to the province and spent Christmas there which until now is still replaying in mind since I refuse to let go of the entire memory. Those days serve as my oasis of strength as I am now on the verge of throwing in the towel with the work load that I got back to after a short vacation.





I guess that's just how things work. Everything comes with a price and the 6 day vacation that I had would mean to say I would be swamped with work I'm almost drowning. Then again, I have pictures from the boondocks to keep me company. They're not really of good quality yet again, looking at those pictures chases the gloom away. I was a camera ninja then using my phone since my brother won't let go of the camera.





Oh yeah! We played poker until 4am in the morning.. yes, I was winning but it didn't last for long. Before I knew it, the tides have turned and I ended up losing P200 instead.

I just love the scenery there. Most of the locals were very friendly, except for this old man
who glared at me the moment I snapped a picture of him while peeling coconuts. Wherever you avert your eyes to it's green. There are animals everywhere and it felt like living my own version of Farmtown.



There were pigs.




and ducks..






and lots of coconut trees..





and I saw a horse,






and chickens.


I don't feel like looking at this picture though because the mother hen on the picture was given to me by my granny and days ago, my brother sent me an SMS saying mom just cooked the poor thing. Blah! It was supposed to be a joke by my granny. She wants me to bring the fowl to Cebu and make a pet out of it.



We actually had pictures while we were taking a swim in the pool at 2 in the morning but I wouldn't be posting pictures though since I looked like a whale stranded on a 7 feet deep pool. Embarrassing!




Before we went home, I rode on this cart while being drawn by a carabao. It's been 10 long years since my last visit.



I had a great time really.. and I hope you guys enjoyed the Holidays as much as I did! Hello 2010!

Comments (11)

isa kang tunay na dilag sa bukid.

wahahahahaha

WV: do you have a SPERBRA that i can borrow?

haha there's no place like home hihi

babalik ako sa manila na refresh para makapag simua ulit

at long last a new post! looks like you were having the grandest holiday.. :)

belated happy holidays. tagabukid man diay pud ka.

ew: i don't wear bra, im a nudist. haha...

curiouscat: great to hear that! yeah, there's no place like home.

anne: ay o uy... holiday jud kaau! musta naman ka uy?

mingmeows: oo noh! haha.. happy holidays! :)

Just like farmtown ei...

makes me want to visit to my mom's province..

Feel ko talag grabeh yung bakasyon and rejuvenation mo friend! dapat pagbalik mo at kapag nag chat na tayo.. Hindi kana grumpy! :)

I miss the boondocks. All I see here are buildings and more buildings. I mean, why are they called "buildings" when they have already been built? They should be called "builts".

@clipped. yes, just like farm town. :)

@dhon. ay sinabi mo pa! haha.. im not grumpy naman.

@demigoddess. omg! where have u been? i miss you!! whatever happened to ur page?

hey you haven't been updating for some time now. miss reading your posts.

suddenly, i miss my home in the province.

-geek