another one bites the dust

Posted by eye_spy | Posted in , , | Posted on 3:45 PM


Just recently, the blogosphere has been bombarded with issues regarding love and sex and how the two gets intertwined and confused by some. Well.. another one bites the dust! A couple of minutes after I tidied my workstation to start working for the day, a friend barged in and said he has something to tell me. Okay, I'm all ears! So he started telling me about this guy he used to see and some of our friends reject because... well lets just say our circle of friends are mean and feelingeras and they think they are uber blessed with good looks and the guy is somewhat off the radar.

Anyway, though I feel for him because of what happened between him and the sea urchin... errr... the guy, I cannot help but laugh because I totally saw it coming. Not that I disapprove what's going on between the two of them but rather because with how he narrated how things were going, I can sense that this is another one that will go down the drain faster than he can let down his golden hair so his prince charming can give it a tug.

The good thing though is, he just laughed at the entire hullabaloo instead of bawling his eyes out, getting drunk and dragging me along to go videoke in a jam packed bar. Yeah, he sure was full of guts that time and mind you, he was on the verge of tears while singing. Embarrassing!

Now what cracked me up while he was telling me his story were the classic lines the guy gave him. Imagine being asked "Why me?" "Can we just be friends?" and "Don't tell me you're in love with me?"

And of course my friend being the drama queen that she is, asked the guy: "So all the while, it was just me who's in love here. I thought the feeling is mutual." Gawd! I think I just threw up a bit in my mouth. But of course since I was supposed to be the shoulder to cry on, I fronted a serious face and tried to console him the best I can.

Then of course the scene won't be complete without me saying my scripting. So I donned on my sweetest smile and told him, "My friend, remember in these times it is always best not to assume. Sex is just sex and regardless of how great it is, you're not to confuse it with love. Weeks ago, you said he is no longer contacting you. Not returning your calls and not even texting back as to how he's doing. A guy who's into you won't wait more than two or three days even to get in touch with you. Bottom line: he's not into you!"

"But the sex was great, he's sweet and all that" he countered. "Oh well, if that's the case then make him your fuck buddy," I answered. The thing is, the guy won't even kiss him the night he stomped on my friend's heart and mind you my friend wants to go to bed that night with him.

On the brighter side of the spectrum, the reason why my friend isn't grieving that much is because he found another one. This new guy exerted a lot of effort just to get his number that he asked a lot of friends and finally got what he wants. Is that a good thing or what? Now, the more pressing concern is whether the guy is really serious or if he's just in for another ride. I've said it before and I'll say it again, there's tons of fish in the water so go figure how to fish!

Comments (11)

tama ka diyan, dami pa iba diyan (bitter ba? hehe)

@curioscat. ahihi. slight lang daw.

hahahahh yun lang bow!

@clippedwings. errr.. naa diay ka? ahihi..

Classy ending "there's lots of fish in the water so go figure how to fish". hehehehe. I love it. Well let's hope the next guy is more serious with your friend. =)

next time magjerjer sya, siguroa nga ma-iya na para di sya magla-um!

Good day! I am Astrid Abesamis, Communication Arts graduating student from the University of Santo Tomas. Our thesis group would like to ask for your help by answering our survey about blogging. Can I ask for your email address so that I can email the survey questionnaire? We hope for your response. Thank you so much! God bless!

@ast abe. errr... not sure bout that but anyway its crodz2@gmail.com

@mel. i hope so too..

@ming meows. haha.. so dapat commitment daan before jerjer? haha..

Thank you so much for responding.. I already emailed the survey questions.. Thank you very much! We really appreciate your participation and help.. Thank you again! Good day!

Thank you so much for responding.. I already emailed the survey questions.. Thank you very much! We really appreciate your participation and help.. Thank you again! Good day!

punta ka sa blog ko at may libreng pagkain!